Hoverboards are fun and a great machine to play with. They are also used for commutation within a small area. The concept of hoverboard with wheels has always been popular since the time it was launched in the market. Therefore these beautiful machines are easily available in the market all the time. Hoverboards are of different types, shapes and sizes, on top available in different budgets.
But, if you are low on budget but still want to enjoy a hoverboard or maybe a tech geek, then you can build your own hoverboard back at home! In this “how to make a hoverboard” guide we will be discussing what are the important steps you are supposed to follow to build a hoverboard at home.
Materials- first things first, here is the list for all the materials that you will be needing for homemade hoverboards.
- Two 24 volt scooter motors and they should be at least of 120 watts.
- A 12 amp battery which should have a power of 12 volts. However, a 7 amp battery at 12 volts can also be a budget oriented choice.
- a 2”x 2” piece of wood, ¼ inch sheet of plywood and ½ inch sheet of good plywood for building the base.
- wood glue and screws for fixing the basw with the wheels and batteries.
- small rubber wheels of 1” diameter and a children’s bike which has 12” wheels.
So these are the materials that you will be needing for building a cheap hoverboard at home. Now we will move on to the steps to make homemade hoverboards.
Important Steps To Follow To Make Hoverboard
in this section you are going to learn how you are going to make a hoverboard back at home. Follow all the steps carefully because each one of them is important.
- You will be required to pull out the wheels from the children's cycle which we mentioned. Remove all the bolts and screws from the axle.
- Now, take the plywood and cut it out for the frame into 3 thin pieces. Make sure that they are wide enough for your feet to accommodate comfortably and also have space for the battery. The shape of the plywood in this case does not really matters.
- You will also need to have a square shaped cut on of the thin pieces of plywood you previously cut. The size and shape should be according to the battery you have.
- Cut 2” x 2” wood pieces of the equal length and make sure that the frame is wide. If you want to stay on the safe side, drill holes which are slightly bigger when compared to the wheel's axles which you got.
- Now, fill each end of the cuts with epoxy and the quality of it should be good. Use ample amount of epoxy which will provide you with good support and strength. Fix the screws to keep the wheels intact. Double check to see that the wheels are aligned properly for Best Hoverboard.
- After the wood and epoxy has dried, fix the wheels and the axle with the help of screws and wooden glue. Move onto the bottom portion and fix the 2”x2” wood pieces again and attach the bottom frame on to the middle plywood.
- Fixing the motor is important and you can do this by using epoxy and wooden glue or using industrial tape. This will keep both the motors in place and they will be sturdy enough. Using the plywood cut out wooden frames according to the motor shape and make the motor bracket. This will keep in place against the wheels.
- Wire the two motor seperately for both the wheels. You can also add a motor house.
- After all the above steps have been successfully completed, attach the top layer of plywood. Use a screw for this purpose and not any kind of glue.
Once you have completed all the steps that we have discussed in the above section your hoverboard will be ready and running. To build the best Hoverboards it requires good efficiency and patience. Make sure you do not hurry through the steps and keep a good tally on every step.
Also Look At The Best Of 2018 You Should Buy-
Here we have compared 100's of products & sorted the list of best one for you to buy. Below is the list of best purchased hoverboards & accessories you should also check it.
Youth Bluetooth Hoverboard with Speaker Smart Self Balancing Wheel Self Balance Scooter
This is one of the most popular and easily affordable hoverboard jets which has been already used by thousands of users.
Micheal Josh Waterproof Hoverboard Bag
One of the best easy to carry and store hoverboard bag you can find in the market.
Best Hot 42VA 2A Power Adapter
With an input and output power of 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz, 1.5A and 42V 2A, the power adapter is one of the best in business. It has a max power output of 84W.